General program overview
The Allstate® mobile app automatically detects a trip is occurring when:
- The phone is on with location services enabled and adequately charged—at least 5% battery power
- iOS: Allow Motion & Fitness and set Location to Always with Precise Location enabled
- Android: Allow Physical Activity, set Location to Always and turn off Power savings mode (for OS 12, confirm Precise Location is set to On)
- A vehicle travels at least 15 mph for at least 1 minute - E.g. a drive from home to the local supermarket
No action is necessary on your part to capture a trip. Even if the app is closed in the background, it will detect trips as long as you are in an area with adequate cellular service.
Current Drivewise customers
- Performance cash rewards are ending, but if you are in the middle of a performance reward cycle, you will receive a final pro-rated performance reward at your next renewal.
- You will be able to earn a participation discount as long as you remain active in the program.
- You can continue to earn Allstate Rewards® points, and any points you've already earned will carry over and be available to use (except NY).