Ways to pay my bill
Based on your policy type, you can pay your bill by:
- Accessing My Account to make a one-time payment or set up an automatic payment with ease.
- Downloading Allstate’s mobile app
- Paying online through your bank’s bill pay service
- Sending a check or money order via Western Union to the mailing address on your statement
- Calling Allstate at 1-800-901-1732
- Paying at your local Allstate branch
Please see the next FAQ for how to pay your life insurance bill.
To pay a life insurance policy, you can:
- Send a check by mail to the address on your statement
- If you need additional life insurance support, contact your Agent or insurance provider below:
- Allstate Digital Life Insurance Solutions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Allstate Life and Retirement: 1-800-525-9287
- Allstate Life: 1-800-366-1411
- Allstate Assurance: 1-800-366-1411 (policy prefix of 06); 1-800-865-5237 (policy prefix of 07)
- Allstate Life of NY: 1-800-268-5619 (policy prefix of 7 or 03); 1-800-865-5237 (policy prefix of 04)
- Lincoln Benefit Life: 1-800-525-9287 (policy prefix of 01); 1-800-525-5237 (policy prefix of 02L)
- Lincoln Financial Group: 1-877-533-5237
- Protective Wholesaler: 1-877-905-3078
- Protective Printed Materials: 1-877-905-3078
- Surety Life/Annuity: 1-800-669-7789
When you pay online or over the phone, we'll send you a confirmation email after you make a payment.
To confirm a payment, you can also:
- Log in to My Account or Allstate mobile app to see the payment in your transaction history. Generally, it takes up to 24 hours for online payments to reflect on your policy.
- Contact your bank or financial institution to verify the amount was deducted from your account or charged to your credit account, depending on how you paid.
- Contact your bank directly to solve most payment issues.
Saving payment methods is possible prior to even sending a bill or processing a payment.
You can view your saved payment method in Payment Methods. You will no longer have to enter your bank account or credit or debit card information each time you pay a bill.
Automatic payment plans
The Easy Pay Plan allows you to schedule automatic payment withdrawals directly from your bank account using Payment Center. You decide your payment date and can enjoy lower installment fees, plus a premium discount of up to 5% on certain policy types (where available).
Until you receive enrollment confirmation and schedule for future withdrawals, we ask that you continue to make payments via our Payment Center.
Yes. If you make a payment with a credit or debit card, you will be unenrolled from the Easy Pay Plan and lose your discount for the remainder of your policy period. You will not be eligible to re-enroll in the Easy Pay Plan until after the policy has renewed. Review the Easy Pay Plan rules for more information.
Customers in California will not be impacted if they make a one-time payment with a credit or debit card because they do not have the Easy Pay Discount.
Allstate’s Recurring Credit Card Pay Plan allows you to pre-authorize payments using your credit/debit card. You can pick your payment date and the frequency and can modify the card information at any time.
Enrollment processing times may vary, so we ask that you continue to make payments via our Payment Center until you receive enrollment confirmation and your schedule of future withdrawals.
With the Edit Auto Pay feature you can:
- Update your billing information
- Suspend (pause) an automatic payment for one payment cycle*
- Change the date of your automatic payment*
- Cancel automatic payments completely
*Restrictions and/or impacts to policy savings may apply based on your billing cycle and policy details.
If you'd like to stop the automatic charges to your bank account or card, you can:
How much to pay
For most policy types, you must at least pay the minimum amount due. Your payment can’t exceed your balance. If you are a Milewise customer, click here and scroll to learn more.
Yes. To avoid late payments or lapses in coverage, just make sure the "minimum amount due" has been paid by the due date on your bill. Installment fees may apply.
For life insurance policies, you should pay the full amount due as indicated on your bill.
Still can't find what you're looking for?
A missed or late payment can result in a lapse in coverage, or the cancellation or termination of your policy.
If you've missed a payment or if you think you will be late with a payment, contact your agent or call Allstate customer service at 1-866-998-8388 for more help.
If the website is down, you’re still responsible for making your payment on time. You have the following options available to you:
- Call our automated pay-by-phone system anytime at 1-800-901-1732. Make sure you have your policy number and form of payment ready when you call
- Send money order via Western Union
- Call your agent directly to pay
Unfortunately, failed payments may happen from time to time. The most common reasons for a failed payment are:
- The bank account you provided is invalid, closed, or has insufficient funds.
- Your credit card exceeds its limit, is expired or the payment is disputed.
- As soon as you receive notice that your bank has closed your account, you need to take immediate action to be able to continue to pay your bills and manage your money.
Here are some additional pointers:
- Use the Allstate mobile app instead
- Make sure it’s the bank and not you
- Be on guard against fraudsters
- Check your bank’s social media posts
Questions about your bill?
Allstate support is available via chat 24/7