How to make a payment
Allstate mobile appMake or schedule a payment in the app.
Online, with your bankCheck with your bank about their online bill pay options.
Pay by phoneCall 1-800-901-1732 anytime, to use our automated pay-by-phone system.
Mail a check or money orderUse the address listed on your bill. Overnight payments, mail to: Allstate Payments 1501 N Plano Rd Suite 100 Richardson, TX 75081
How to manage bills and payments
When you have an Allstate My Account, you can log in anytime to:
Life insurance policy payments
You have the following options for paying your life insurance policy:
- Pre-authorized payments, which automatically deduct your payment from your bank account. To enroll, contact your agent.
- Send a check, money order or cashier's check to the address on your statement.
When you pay online or over the phone, we'll send you a confirmation email after you make a payment.
Here's what else you can do to confirm a payment:
- Log in to My Account to see the payment in your transaction history. Keep in mind, it generally takes 24-48 hours for online payments to be reflected on your policy.
- Contact your bank or financial institution to verify the amount was deducted from your bank account or charged to your credit account, depending on how you paid.
Missing or late payments could cause a lapse in coverage, or the cancellation or termination of your policy.
If you've missed a payment or are late with a payment, contact your agent or call us at 1-877-810-2920 for more help.
For auto and property policies, we accept the following forms of payment:
- Visa, MasterCard®, Discover® and American Express® credit and debit cards
- Bank accounts, using routing and account numbers
- Personal checks and money orders
If you pay online or using the app, you'll be able to save a payment option.
For life insurance policies, we accept the following forms of payment:
- Pre-authorized payments, which automatically deducts your life insurance payment from your bank account (To enroll, contact your agent)
- Check by mail to the address on your statement
If you aren't able to pay online, here's what you can try instead:
- Call our automated pay-by-phone system, which is available anytime: 1-800-901-1732. Make sure you have your policy number and form of payment ready when you call
- Call your agent to pay
For most insurance policy types, you can pay any amount between the "minimum amount due" and the "pay in full", as indicated on your bill. For life insurance policies, you should pay the full amount due as indicated on your bill.
When you're enrolled in automatic payments, you can manage and make updates in My Account, including:
- Update your billing information
- Suspend (pause) an automatic payment for one payment cycle*
- Change the date of your automatic payment*
- Cancel automatic payments completely
*Restrictions apply based on your billing cycle and policy details.
Log in to My Account and in the Payment Center, choose Edit Auto Pay to make changes.
Yes. To avoid late payments or lapses in coverage, just make sure the "minimum amount due" has been paid by the due date on your bill. Installment fees may apply.
We realize that your check may not have been cashed due to a number of reasons. If you would like us to reissue the check, please provide any necessary updates to your personal information. In some cases, we may have to request proof of identification.
A payment can fail to go through for a few reasons, for example:
- The bank account you provided is invalid, closed, or has insufficient funds.
- Your credit card exceeds its limit, is expired or the payment is disputed.