Updated: June 2021
This Agreement to Receive Written Communications Electronically ("Agreement") is Allstate's paperless terms and conditions which applies to all transactions and interactions with Allstate Insurance Company and its subsidiaries and affiliates ("Allstate"). This may include the purchase of an insurance product, insurance service, roadside membership or any other offering made by Allstate. Written communications may include any policy related documents, billing statements, claims communications, correspondence, notices, and disclosures. This includes cancellation, nonrenewal, conditional renewal, renewal with altered terms and premium increase notices where permitted by state law.
Your consent to this Agreement means you will no longer receive paper copies of any written communication. However, we reserve the right to continue sending written communications in paper form as required by law or at our discretion. Further, not all communications are currently available to be sent electronically. As those communications become available, we will send them electronically in accordance with your paperless settings.
Please read this Agreement in its entirety. Your consent to this Agreement means you have read, understood and accepted its terms and conditions. Your consent will be applied to all future transactions with Allstate.
- Agreement modification: Allstate reserves the right to modify this Agreement at any time. You will be provided notice of any change to this Agreement either by email or through your Allstate account. Your continued participation in the paperless program after we provide notice will constitute your acceptance of those changes.
- Electronic communication methods: Allstate will deliver written communications to you either at the email address you have provided or by sending you an email letting you know that a written communication is available for review in your Allstate account which can be accessed by logging into www.allstate.com/myaccount with your username and password. You agree that you have the authority to receive written communications electronically on behalf of all insureds under your policy (life insurance communications will only be provided to the individual consenting to this Agreement). You further agree to create an Allstate account and log-in to that account to access your written communications. Should you have any problems with your Allstate account, please contact 1-800-Allstate. It is your responsibility to maintain an active Allstate account by which to access your written communications.
- Paper copies: You can print any written communication from your Allstate account. You may also request a paper copy of any written communication, at no charge, by calling 1-800-ALLSTATE.
- Hardware and Software Requirements: You will need to meet the following requirements to access, view, save and print your written communications. You agree that you meet the following requirements.
- An internet enabled device with access to the internet capable of sending/receiving email;
- These browser versions: Microsoft Edge 87 or higher, Google Chrome 87 or higher, and Safari 14 or higher;
- Sufficient electronic storage capacity on your computer's hard drive or other data storage unit to download documents;
- Software that enables you to view files in the Portable Document Format (PDF), such as the free Adobe Reader;
- A printer if you wish to print documents;
- A valid e-mail account with a sufficient storage limit for new emails. You must ensure that your email server and spam-blocking software do not block our emails. We are not responsible for problems arising from emails sent to an inactive or out-of-date email address if you failed to update your email address in a timely manner. Emails will not be considered late or delayed if they would have been sent timely but for insufficient storage limits.
- Email address: It is your responsibility to provide Allstate with a valid email address and maintain a valid email address on file with Allstate. You must also keep your email address active and capable of receiving new emails. You must immediately inform Allstate of any changes to your email address. You can update your email address in your Allstate account by accessing www.allstate.com/myaccount using your username and password or by calling 1-800-ALLSTATE.
- Paperless settings: Once you agree to receive written communications from Allstate electronically, you can manage your paperless preferences by logging into your Allstate account at www.allstate.com/myaccount.
- Consent withdrawal: Your consent to this Agreement will remain valid and in effect until you withdraw it. You may withdraw your consent to this Agreement by calling 1-800-ALLSTATE. Your withdrawal will apply to all policies and services with Allstate. If an email address you provide later becomes invalid, Allstate may treat that as a withdrawal of consent. Any withdrawal will result in the removal of any current or future paperless discount. Further, if you purchased a product or service which mandates or otherwise requires the use of electronic delivery, your withdrawal could result in the termination of that product or service. A withdrawal of your consent to this Agreement will be effective only after we have had reasonable time to process your request.
- Other Allstate paperless agreements: If you previously purchased or in the future purchase a product or service from Allstate which requires you to enter into a separate agreement for the electronic delivery of written communications, the terms of that separate agreement will control. This Agreement will not alter the terms and conditions of that separate agreement.
- For California policyholders: The option to transact business electronically with Allstate and its affiliate companies is voluntary. Records which may be delivered to you electronically upon your consent to electronic delivery include all documents, notices and correspondence related to your insurance policy, premium payments (billing) and claims. You can unenroll your policies from electronic delivery, or update your email address on file, by changing your paperless settings/contact information in your Allstate account accessible via www.allstate.com/myaccount or by calling 1-800-ALLSTATE.
By providing my consent I acknowledge that I have read this Agreement and agree to receive written communications from Allstate electronically according to the terms and conditions described above. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions contained within this Agreement, do not consent (see Consent Withdrawal above).