From late spring through late fall, hurricane season is a force to be reckoned with. At Allstate, we believe you should never have to face trouble alone. Learn how to stay ahead of the storm and find ways to help protect your family and your valuables.
Make a plan
- Ahead of the storm: Printable hurricane prep guide
- Things to have on hand in case of emergency
- Emergency smarts: Disaster planning for your pets
- I want to make a business preparedness plan. Now what?
- Tips for identifying a 'go-to' storm shelter in your home
- The ultimate emergency car kit: How to equip yourself for most any calamity
- How to shut off utilities in an emergency
- How to fix up a first aid kit
Protect your belongings
- How to help safeguard your home against windstorms
- How to protect your car in a hurricane
- 5 ways to landscape for hurricane preparedness
- Back up important documents for emergencies
- Protect your belongings with a home inventory
- How to waterproof your belongings
Assess what's coming
Hurricanes have the potential to do major damage. But having proper insurance coverage can help protect you and give you peace of mind.
Insurance for hurricane damage
- Does homeowners insurance cover hurricane damage?
- Does homeowners insurance cover wind damage?
- Do I need flood insurance?
- Flood insurance at a glance
- If a tree falls on my house, does homeowners insurance cover it?
- Does homeowners insurance cover damage to my fence?
- Does car insurance cover water damage?
- Does car insurance cover tree damage?
Wherever you are in the recovery process, these resources can help you get back on your feet.
Frequently asked questions
Tips on rebuilding
- Clean your flooded home
- How to clean up mold in your home after a flood
- Beware of home improvement scams
- Tax relief for those in disaster areas
- How to defer your mail after a disaster strikes
- Tips to help salvage flood-damaged family heirlooms