Moving company contact sheet
Last updated: January 1
When you're considering hiring professional movers, there's a lot of information to keep track of — including their estimate, available dates and any special services they may offer. Use this printable moving company contact sheet to organize your notes — simply simply print out a sheet for each moving company you talk to. Then, you can easily compare the information and decide which mover you prefer..
Screening of moving companies
Do an initial screen of the company of the Better Business Bureau, says the U.S. Department of Transportation's consumer protection site, ProtectYourMove.gov.
Gather basic company information:
- Company name
- Company address
- Phone number
- Email address
Ask questions about the company:
- How long has the company been in business?
- Are their movers employees, or do they contract out?
- Are workers adequately insured?
- What is the company's Department of Transportation License number?
Set-up a date for an in-home estimate and learn the details of the estimate.
- What is included in the estimate?
- Is this estimate "binding" (a guaranteed price)?
- What might warrant additional charges?
- Schedule/available move date
Tip: confirm a company's license at ProtectYourMove.gov. You can also check complaint records there, too.