When storm clouds roll in, being prepared can give you peace of mind. Whether you're up against lightning, wind, water, snow or ice — learn how to stay ahead of the storm and find ways to help protect your family and your valuables.
Make a plan
- Keep safe and reduce lightning damage at home
- Things to have on hand in case of emergency
- Building your car's winter emergency kit
- Emergency smarts: Disaster planning for your pets
- I want to make a business preparedness plan. Now what?
- Tips for identifying a 'go-to' storm shelter in your home
- The ultimate emergency car kit: How to equip yourself for most any calamity
- How to shut off utilities in an emergency
- How to fix up a first aid kit
Protect your belongings
Insurance info: What's covered?
Every storm has the potential to do serious damage. But quality insurance can help protect you and give you peace of mind.
Insurance for storm damage
- Does homeowners insurance cover storm damage?
- Is ice damage covered by homeowners insurance?
- Does homeowners insurance cover a power surge?
- Does homeowners insurance cover wind damage?
- If a tree falls on my house, does homeowners insurance cover it?
- Does homeowners insurance cover damage To my fence?
- Does car insurance cover water damage?
- Does car insurance cover tree damage?
Wherever you are in the recovery process, the following resources can help you get back on your feet.
Frequently asked questions
For Small business owners
Helpful resources and catastrophe information that can help you prepare for severe weather events and natural disasters.
Easy claims, online or on the ground
At Allstate, we aim to make the claims process as smooth as possible, so you can get back to your life quickly. Call 1-800-54-STORM, file online or stop by a Mobile Claims Center.file a claim find a Mobile Claims Center