When storm clouds roll in, being prepared can give you peace of mind. Whether you're up against lightning, wind, water, snow or ice — learn how to stay ahead of the storm and find ways to help protect your family and your valuables.
Make a plan
- Keep safe and reduce lightning damage at home
- Things to have on hand in case of emergency
- Building your car's winter emergency kit
- Emergency smarts: Disaster planning for your pets
- I want to make a business preparedness plan. Now what?
- Tips for identifying a 'go-to' storm shelter in your home
- The ultimate emergency car kit: How to equip yourself for most any calamity
- How to shut off utilities in an emergency
- How to fix up a first aid kit
Protect your belongings
Insurance info: What's covered?
Every storm has the potential to do serious damage. But quality insurance can help protect you and give you peace of mind.
Insurance for storm damage
- Does homeowners insurance cover storm damage?
- Is ice damage covered by homeowners insurance?
- Does homeowners insurance cover a power surge?
- Does homeowners insurance cover wind damage?
- If a tree falls on my house, does homeowners insurance cover it?
- Does homeowners insurance cover damage To my fence?
- Does car insurance cover water damage?
- Does car insurance cover tree damage?
Wherever you are in the recovery process, the following resources can help you get back on your feet.