Having auto insurance coverage can help protect the people and things that are important to you. Read more about why you really need auto insurance.
Auto insurance not only helps protect you from unexpected medical and repair costs due to a car accident, it can even help shield you from the financial uncertainty of accident-related lawsuits. In many states, it’s also the law.
If you own or lease a car, auto insurance is as necessary as the fuel in your gas tank. Auto insurance helps:
- Ensure compliance with the law
- Provide protection for you, your family, and your hard-earned assets
- Contribute to financial protection from accident-related lawsuits
- You feel secure and prepared for the unexpected
In most states, it’s illegal to drive without active insurance coverage, and fines for doing so can be steep. Auto insurance keeps you in good standing with the law and protects you from hefty penalties.
To find out about your state’s unique requirements, contact your local DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles). This simple table also highlights some basic state requirements.
Beyond the law, auto insurance is a powerful tool that can help:
- Pay for accident-related medical care for you, your family, or others you’ve injured
- Pay for accident-related repairs to your car
- Pay for accident-related medical care and accident-related repairs to your car caused by an uninsured or underinsured motorists
- Provide financial protection from accident-related lawsuits.
Auto insurance can even help protect you from damage repairs due to theft, vandalism, and natural disasters.
To get the best protection possible, make sure you understand your unique insurance needs: know what you need to protect, and how each coverage option applies (or doesn’t apply) to your life, and your budget.
You can get a Ballpark Estimate right away, without even having to give your name other personal information. Or, call 1-866-621-6900 to get a quote. Either way, you’ll see how affordable Allstate quality can be.
Published: June 2012