Back to top

Dwelling (Home Structure) Coverage

Protect the foundation of your home.

Dwelling coverage, also known as home structure coverage, helps protect the physical structure of your home, like the walls and roof. It can also cover a structure that's attached to your home, like an attached garage.

Typical homeowners insurance policies don't cover damage to your structure from things like flooding or earthquakes. However, they do help cover a wide variety of other losses, including:

  • Fire and smoke
  • Lightning
  • Wind
  • Hail
  • Theft
  • Vandalism

Learn more about dwelling coverage.

An Allstate agent sits at a table showing customers information on a tablet.

Make sure you're protected.

Get a home insurance quote or learn more about protecting your place from a knowledgeable agent.

Get a quote Find an agent

How much coverage do you need?

It's standard to have coverage that's at least equal to the amount it would cost to rebuild your home with similar materials. Keep in mind that changing construction costs could affect those amounts.

Your coverage needs could also change depending on the type of home you have, like a condo or manufactured/mobile home, for example.

Related resources

Insurance, coverage and discounts are subject to terms and conditions, which may vary by state. Discount amounts and total savings will vary. Other terms, conditions and exclusions may apply.
ECC Monitor: OK