Nobody plans to have a car accident, but the fact isyou're always at risk for one. On top of that, it can be difficult to think clearly when you've been shaken up. However, reviewing this list before you're ever involved in an accident may help you.
Here are some things you'll want to do after a car accident:
- Ensure everyone is safe
- Contact local authoritiesDial 911
- Do not admit fault
- Document information about the vehicles involved such as license plate numbers, make and model of vehicle(s), number of passengers, etc.
- Obtain, exchange or leave personal contact and auto insurance information with others involved including witnesses
- If necessary, stay with your vehicle until it is towed
- Contact your insurance agent to report your claim
You may want to review the various coverage options that make up your auto insurance to learn how you are protected in the event of an accident. Remember, an Allstate agent is always able to answer your questions and offer recommendations to help you decide what coverage may be right for you.