The value of most of your belongings decreases over time. *With Allstate homeowners insurance,
you're able to choose one of the personal property coverages below:
Actual Cash Value typically means your belongings* are covered for their replacement cost minus
depreciation. (Depreciation is the decrease in the item‘s value due to its age, condition or other factors.)
Reimbursement Provision typically means your belongings* are covered for the amount it would
take to replace them at the time of the claim.
- First, we pay you for the Actual Cash Value of the item
- When you replace the item, we issue a separate check for the remaining amount needed to make
Other things to know.
- To review which type of coverage you have, look at your Allstate Policy Declarations
under Personal Property
- Premiums are usually higher for Reimbursement Provision
- With either type of coverage, a deductible will apply.