Filing A Claim
Knowing what to expect during the claims process may help make things a little easier for your family.
To file a claim, call an Allstate agency or customer service at 1-800-366-3495.
What happens next?
- When a beneficiary calls an Allstate agency or the toll-free number above, we will send forms and instructions for the beneficiary to complete and sign.
- The beneficiary will also be asked to provide a certified copy of the Death Certificate. "Certified" means the original document or a copy with a raised seal or original stamp. They can usually get this document from the funeral director or from the county's vital records office. Unfortunately, we will not be able to return the Death Certificate. We suggest beneficiaries ask for additional certified copies.
- We may also ask for the life insurance policy or other documents to complete the claim.
- The beneficiary can bring the original documents to an Allstate agency or return the completed documents to the address provided in the claim instructions.
- We process most claims within 5 business days after receiving the documents. Beneficiaries usually receive payment shortly thereafter. Some claims may take longer. Payment method is usually a single check or a deposit. A beneficiary can contact us for other settlement options.