Liability Insurance Can Help Protect Your Assets
If you're at fault in an accident, you could be held legally responsible for injury or damage caused by the accident. All drivers are required by law to have both of these liability coverages:
Bodily injury liability helps protect you from paying medical costs, loss of income and funeral expenses of other people involved in a covered accident. If you injure someone, your liability insurance can help protect you from losing your savings or home to pay for those damages.
Property damage liability helps protect you from paying for the repair or replacement of another driver's car. If you damage another person's car or other property in a covered accident, Allstate can help protect you from paying for those damages.
Which vehicles are usually covered by an Allstate policy?
- The vehicle(s) listed on your policy declarations or any car you replace it with
- Any car you drive while yours is being repaired due to an accident
- Any car you rent or borrow
Who's covered by an Allstate policy?
- You, the policy owner
- Any resident in your home who has a driver's license
- Anyone you give permission to use your car
Learn more about liability insurance