For many people, insurance can be a bit confusing, but with answers to some of your
most common questions, it can be much simpler:
Questions about paying your bill online
- Can I pay my bill online through my bank or service provider?
- Yes. Please make sure to provide your bank and/or online service provider your 13-digit account number (9-digit policy number and 4-digit effective date, without slashes, dashes or spaces).
- Can I pay my bill with an online check?
For most insurance policy types, you can pay with an online check by providing your bank account number and routing number through My Account. Your payment will be noted in your bank account statement as a one-time electronic withdrawal.
- Will I receive an online payment receipt?
- Yes. After making a payment request online, you will see a confirmation screen and receive an email confirmation of your payment.
- Can I make one payment for multiple policies?
- Yes, you can make a single payment online for multiple policies. However, it will appear as separate charges/withdrawals for each of your policies based on the payment method you use.
Can I make multiple online payments for one insurance policy during a single billing period?
- Yes. To avoid late payments or lapses in coverage, just make sure that the "Minimum Amount Due" has been paid by the Due Date on your bill.
What should I do if I'm having trouble paying online and payment is due?
- We're sorry you're having difficulties paying your bill. Please contact your Allstate agent or call 800.255.7828 to make a payment. Please note that at this time, you cannot pay your life insurance premium online.
- If I pay online, will my bill still be sent in the mail?
- Yes. As long as your policy has not been paid in full, and you are not enrolled in Allstate® eBill or MyCheckFree (SM), you will continue to be sent a paper statement in the mail.
- What about security while I am online within the My Account?
- We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol, a secure server and security protocol, to safeguard the information you submit such as an online payment.
If you forget to exit the site, you're automatically logged off after 30 minutes of inactivity. Help us protect your information by keeping your User ID and Password confidential, using a unique password and changing it often. You should avoid leaving your computer unattended while logged onto My Account. After you've finished any of your updates or payments, simply exit out of My Account. Should you need to conduct more updates or make payments, you can log back on - knowing that you've helped minimize the potential for security risks.
Questions about automatic payments
- What is the Allstate® Easy Pay Plan, and how do I enroll?
The Allstate® Easy Pay Plan offers a convenient way to have your insurance payment automatically withdrawn from your checking or savings account. You can select your withdrawal date between the 1st and 28th of the month, and the rest is automatic. There are no additional Allstate fees for this payment method. It also has lower installment fees, and certain policies may qualify for up to a 5% insurance premium discount.
To enroll, you can:
- Sign up in My Account; or
- Contact your Allstate agency or
- Call us at 800.255.7828 or 800.901.1732.
Please continue to pay all paper bills until you receive confirmation of your enrollment and your schedule of future withdrawals.
- What is the Recurring Credit Card Pay Plan (RCC) and how do I enroll?
The Recurring Credit Card Pay Plan (RCC) allows you to set up automatic payments with your credit card so you won't miss a payment. We accept Visa®, MasterCard®, Discover® and American Express®. You select a charge date between the 1st and 28th of the month, and the rest is automatic. To enroll, you can:
- Sign up in My Account; or
- Contact your Allstate agency or
- Call us at 800.255.7828.
Please continue to pay all paper bills until you receive confirmation of your enrollment and your schedule of future charge dates.
Questions about paperless billing
- What is Allstate® eBill and how do I enroll?
With Allstate® eBill, you can manage your bills from your inbox, instead of your mailbox. Allstate® eBill allows you to view your bills online in a PDF format.
- Receive an email reminding you when it's time to pay your bill
- Access electronic copies of your bills more easily
- Retrieve your bills from the past 14 months for easier organization
Please note: Most auto and property policies are eligible for Allstate® eBill. However, life insurance policies and policies in which your mortgage company pays your property insurance are not eligible to enroll.
You can enroll in Allstate® eBill on My Account. After you enroll, the paper version of your insurance statement will no longer be sent to you via regular mail.
- What happens after I enroll in Allstate® eBill?
Once your Allstate® eBill is processed, you will be sent a notification email with a link back to My Account, where you can view your bill online. Please continue to pay the paper bills you are sent until the enrollment is processed and confirmed.
Please note: Customers enrolled in the Allstate® Easy Pay Plan or Recurring Credit Card Pay Plan who also receive Allstate® eBill will no longer receive a schedule of withdrawals via U.S. mail. The schedule will only be available electronically. However, we will continue to send you an email to notify you when the schedule is available online.
- What is MyCheckFreeSM?
MyCheckFreeSM is a personal online payment service offered through a third-party service provider, CheckfreeSM. If you register through MyCheckFreeSM, it allows you to receive, view, pay and organize all your bills in one place using your bank account. Your payment will be noted in your bank account as a one-time electronic withdrawal.
Please note: If you are currently enrolled in MyCheckFreeSM, and you subsequently sign up for AllstateÂ® eBill, you will automatically be removed from MyCheckFreeSM. You will then receive your Allstate bill through eBill.
Questions about general billing
- What are my payment method options?
- For most insurance policy types, you can make a payment:
- The Allstate® Easy Pay Plan: Convenient, automatic withdrawals from your checking or savings account.
- The Recurring Credit Card Pay Plan: Automatically charges the credit or debit card you provide. We accept VisaÂ®, MasterCard®, Discover® and American Express®.
- An online eCheck: Simply provide your bank account and routing number.
- Credit or Debit Card: A one-time payment that charges the credit or debit card you provide. We accept Visa®, MasterCard®, Discover® and American Express®.
Call the automated phone line at 800.901.1732 to pay your bill over the phone using:
- A check: Simply provide your bank account and routing number over our secure automated phone system.
- Your credit card: Visa®, MasterCard®, Discover® and American Express® are accepted.
By Mail or in Person
You can send a check or money order to us by mail or by dropping it off at your local Allstate agency or Allstate personal financial representative's office.
PO Box 660642
Dallas Texas 75266-0642
For life insurance policies, you can pay by:
- Pre-Authorized Payments: Convenient, automatic deductions from your bank account.
- Sending a check by mail to the mailing address on your statement.
- How much should I pay?
- For most insurance policy types, you can pay any amount between the "Minimum Amount Due" and the "Pay In Full" amount, as indicated on your bill. For life insurance policies, you should pay the full amount due on your policy as indicated on your bill.
- How can I find out when Allstate applied my payment to my insurance policy?
- For most policy types, you can check your account status online to find out when your last payment was applied. You can also contact your Allstate agent or call 800.255.7828. It generally takes 24 to 48 hours for an online payment to be reflected on your policy. For debit and ATM transactions, the payment amount will be deducted from your account immediately on the date you choose.
- How do I pay my bill using Check by Phone?
- For most policy types, you can call the automated phone line at 1-800-901-1732 to make a payment with Check by Phone - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please have your check handy when you call.
- What is an installment fee?
- An installment fee may be charged separate from the premium when a customer elects to pay less than the "Pay In Full" amount. This fee offsets expenses including those associated with processing the additional payments. Charging this fee allows Allstate to offer our customers additional options for making payments.
- What happens if I'm late with a payment or miss a payment?
- Unfortunately, if you're late or miss a payment, you risk a lapse in coverage, cancellation, or termination of your policy. You can pay online now, as well as set up automatic payments, so you have the peace of mind of knowing you'll never be late or miss a payment. You may also contact your Allstate agent to make a payment and/or to discuss your payment options.
- What is the Pre-Authorized Payment option, and how can I enroll?
- The Pre-Authorized Payment option is for life insurance policies only. (For other policies, please read the "What are my payment options?" section above) With the Pre-Authorized Payment plan, your life insurance policy payment will be automatically deducted from your bank account. For Allstate Life insurance policies, enroll by calling 1-800-366-1411 (in New York call 1-800-347-5433). For Lincoln Benefit Life policies, enroll by calling 1-800-525-9287 (Fixed Life) or 1-800-865-5237 (Variable Life). You can also contact your Allstate agent or Personal Financial Representative.
- Who can I contact with additional questions about billing or payment methods?
- For most policy types, please contact your Allstate agent or call 1-800-ALLSTATE® (1-800-255-7828) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
For information regarding your life insurance or annuity policy, contact your Allstate agent or Personal Financial Representative - or call one of the following numbers. For Allstate Life Insurance and Annuity policies, call 1-800-366-1411 (in New York, call 1-800-347-5433). For Lincoln Benefit Life Insurance policies, call 1-800-525-9287 (Fixed Life) or 1-800-865-5237 (Variable Life).