Revised May 4, 2022
This Allstate Online Privacy Statement ("Privacy Statement") describes the privacy practices of Allstate Insurance Company and the Allstate affiliated companies whose websites and mobile apps link to this Privacy Statement ("Allstate," "we" "our" or "us"). This Privacy Statement explains the information we collect, why we collect it, how we use and share it, and the choices you can make regarding your information. More information about Allstate affiliates is in the Allstate Affiliates section at the end of this Privacy Statement.
Customers of Allstate's insurance, investment and other financial products may also receive a privacy statement for those products in the initial policy package and annual policy documents. Those consumer privacy statements may contain additional information and rights relating to your customer relationship with us. Those privacy statements and this Allstate Online Privacy Statement explain our privacy practices and should be read together.
Full Privacy Statement
Allstate collects personal and other information about you. Personal information is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked (directly or indirectly) with you. Other, non-personal information does not and cannot reveal an individual's identity such as information that has been de-identified or aggregated. The information we collect varies based on what products and services you have with us.
We collect personal information about you in several ways from several sources. We collect personal information directly from you including when you sign up for services, buy a product, subscribe to a membership or mailing list, set up an account with us, enroll in a mobile app feature such as Allstate Digital Footprint℠ or Drivewise® or during the quoting, registering, application, claims handling or roadside assistance processes. We and service providers working on our behalf collect personal information from you when you use one of our websites, mobile apps, view our emails or otherwise engage with us through a computer or mobile device ("Sites") such as IP address, browsing history and other internet activity information. We also collect personal information about you from third parties such as consumer reporting agencies, service providers, marketing companies and data providers.
The following personal information categories have been collected and shared for at least the past 12 months:
|Personal information categories||Example|
|Personal identifiers||Name, alias, signature, postal address, phone number, date of birth, unique personal identifier, online identifier, email address, internet protocol (IP) address, state identification card number, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.|
|Personal characteristics||Age, race, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information) and other descriptions of your physical characteristics (e.g., height).|
|Service or product related information||Policy coverage information, premiums, account name, policy number, payment history, driving record, claims history, credit information, records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies, bank account or credit card number or other payment or financial information, medical information or health insurance information, professional or employment-related information, education records such as grades or transcripts, and family member information. If you use the Allstate Digital Footprint℠ feature, we will also access emails in your inbox.|
|Biometrics and multimedia information||Fingerprint, voice print, retinal print, scan of hand or facial geometry, audio, electronic, visual or similar information.|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information||Browsing history, search history, information regarding your interaction with our website, application or advertisement, links you use or web pages you visit while visiting our site or applications, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), cookies, and mobile device information including device identifier or other information.|
|Geolocation data||Physical location, movements, or trip tracking information.|
|Inferences||Inferences drawn from any personal information collected to create a profile reflecting preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and aptitudes.|
Our website is not intended for children. We do not market any products or services to children under the age of thirteen or knowingly collect any information from children under the age of thirteen.
We use your personal and other information for business purposes including to:
- Provide and maintain your services and products. We may use your personal information to provide or maintain your service, products, or membership including to set up a product or service or provide a product or service, maintain your account, service your policy, change your policy, handle a claim, complete a transaction, repair a product or respond to customer service requests or other inquiries. We may also collect information about other parties from you to carry out necessary services and/or requests, including adding another driver to your existing policy. If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your personal information, we will only use the information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us. If you use the Allstate Digital Footprint℠ feature, we will access the emails in your inbox to identify companies in your Digital Footprint. Additional information about uses and restrictions is in the Allstate Digital Footprint℠ section below.
- Improve, develop and analyze our Sites, services and products. We use your personal information and other information to:
- analyze, improve, develop or deliver our Sites, products and services and develop new services, products or features using algorithms, analytics software and other similar methods,
- conduct actuarial or research studies to maintain, protect and develop our networks, services, and products and protect our customers, and
- analyze how visitors use our Sites to improve the Sites and enhance and personalize your experience.
We collect some information used for these purposes using analytics software, cookies and other tracking technologies. For more information about the collection and use of this information, see Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies below.
- Communicate with you about your service or product. We may communicate with you about your product, service, account, policy or membership, provide you transaction confirmations, payment alerts or other service or product related messages via mail, email or other available methods such as push notifications.
- Provide marketing communications. We may use your personal information to send you promotional communications about products, services, features, and options we believe may interest you. We may send communications via e-mail, regular mail or may send push notifications via a mobile device. We may also use your information to serve you ads or customized content online.
- Comply with legal requirements and protect the safety and security of our business, services, and Sites. We may use your personal information to comply with laws, regulations or other legal obligations, to assist in an investigation, to protect and defend our rights and property or the rights of third parties or enforce terms and conditions. We may also use your personal information to prevent suspected fraud, threats to our network or other illegal activities, prevent misuse or for any other reason permitted by law. We may use your personal information to protect our company, our affiliates, our customers, our network and our Sites.
- Update or correct our records. We may receive personal information about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or third parties from whom we have purchased data, and combine that personal information with other personal information we have about you to update our records. For example, we may obtain change of address information from public sources and use that personal information to update or correct your address.
- Find locations on request. Your location may be obtained from the mobile device or the network using your device's Global Positioning System (GPS) functionality or directly from you. We may use your location information to search for information including searching for an agent, searching for a service provider, identifying the location of an accident or identifying the location of a roadside event you are reporting. If you do not want location information used, you can disable the GPS functionality on your mobile device.
We do not sell your personal information. We may share your personal information with our affiliates for business purposes consistent with the uses described in this Privacy Statement. We may also share personal information about you with third parties whenever you consent to or direct such sharing. We strive to work with companies that share our commitment to privacy. We may also share information with others in an aggregated or de-identified form that does not reasonably identify you.
We may also share your personal or other information with service providers and other third parties for business purposes or as required or permitted by law including with:
- Companies involved in insurance and other business transactions: We share your personal information with other companies that play a role in an insurance transaction with you such as independent claims adjusters, repair shops, and other claims related companies. We may also share your personal information to participate in insurance support organizations.
- Authorized agents or brokers: Allstate operates through agents and brokers who sell our services and products on our behalf. We may share your personal information with those agents or brokers to provide you with the services you’ve requested. They may use your personal information in the manner described in this Privacy Statement.
- Service providers: Personal information may be shared with service providers who perform services on our behalf for a business purpose including service providers that:
- help complete transactions, handle a claim, service your policy or service your membership,
- engage in credit reporting or payment processing,
- provide marketing and advertising, email or other communication services,
- provide services that support our online activities including providing tracking technologies, web hosting and analytics,
- provide tax and accounting, legal services, delivery, and data enhancement services,
- provide technology services and enhance security, privacy and fraud protections,
- provide data analytics services or conduct research or actuarial studies, and
- provide support to our operations.
- Marketing and advertising partners: We may share personal and other information with third party online and other marketing and advertising partners or permit these partners to collect personal information from you directly on our Sites to personalize online advertising. We may share personal information with other financial institutions or other companies with whom we have a joint marketing agreement. The Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies section below has more details about these activities.
- Third parties in connection with a business transaction: Personal information may be disclosed to third parties in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a merger, sale of any or all of our company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by an affiliate or third party, or in the event of a bankruptcy or similar proceedings.
- Law enforcement, regulators and other parties for legal reasons: Personal information may be disclosed to third parties, as required by law or subpoena, or if we reasonably believe such action is necessary to:
- comply with the law and the reasonable requests of regulators, law enforcement or other public authorities,
- protect our or others safety, rights or property, and
- investigate fraud or to protect the security or integrity of our Sites or any product or services.
We share the following categories of personal information with the following parties:
|Categories of personal information||Categories of third parties|
|Biometrics and multimedia information||Companies involved in insurance and other business transactions; Authorized agents or brokers; Service providers; Third parties involved in a business transaction; Law enforcement or regulators|
|Geolocation data||Companies involved in insurance and other business transactions; Authorized agents or brokers; Service providers; Third parties involved in a business transaction; Law enforcement or regulators|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information||Service providers; Marketing and advertising partners|
|Inferences||Companies involved in insurance and other business transactions; Authorized agents or brokers; Service providers; Marketing and advertising partners; Third parties involved in a business transaction; Law enforcement or regulators|
|Personal characteristics||Companies involved in insurance and other business transactions; Authorized agents or brokers; Service providers; Marketing and advertising partners; Third parties involved in a business transaction; Law enforcement or regulators|
|Personal identifiers||Companies involved in insurance and other business transactions; Authorized agents or brokers; Service providers; Marketing and advertising partners; Third parties involved in a business transaction; Law enforcement or regulators|
|Service or product related information|
Technologies and information collected: When you visit our Sites, we and our service providers automatically collect information about your use of and access to these Sites. We collect this information through a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, Flash objects, web beacons (also called pixel tags), embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, and similar technology (collectively, “tracking technologies”). Information we collect automatically about you may be combined with other personal information we collect directly. The information collected in this manner includes:
- The website from where you accessed the Site, where you went to when you left the Site, how frequently you visit the Sites, when and whether you open emails or click the links contained in emails, pages you visit on our Sites, the links you click and ads you view, or your location when you access our Sites,
- Information about the computer, tablet, smartphone or other device you use, such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, platform type, device type/model/manufacturer, operating system, date and time stamp, a unique ID that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, mobile device or your account (including, e.g., a persistent device identifier or an Ad ID), and other similar information,
- Analytics information collected by us or via third party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Sites and to understand more about the demographics and behaviors of our users, and
- How often you use a mobile app, from where the app was downloaded, events that occur within the app, aggregated usage, and performance data.
Use of the information: The information collected through tracking technologies allows us to provide you with an improved, enhanced and personalized customer experience, to monitor and improve our Sites and for other internal purposes such as:
- Remembering information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Sites,
- Provide custom, personalized content and information, including targeted content, communications and advertising,
- Identify and contact you across multiple devices,
- Provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Sites,
- Perform analytics and detect usage patterns on our Sites,
- Diagnose or fix technology problems,
- Detect or prevent fraud or other harmful activities, and
- Otherwise to plan for and enhance our Sites.
Our service providers include Adobe and Google. To learn about Adobe Analytics privacy practices or to opt-out of cookies set to facilitate reporting, click here. To learn more about Google's privacy practices, click here. To access and use the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, click here.
We participate in the Adobe Marketing Cloud Device Co-op to better understand how you use our website and apps across the various devices you use, and to deliver tailored promotions. Learn more at https://cross-device-privacy.adobe.com about how Adobe does this.
Your choices regarding cookies: If you prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to manage cookies in your browser settings to disable or block cookies, remove existing cookies, automatically accept cookies or to notify you when you receive a cookie. Options available may vary by browser. However, if you disable, modify, or reject cookies, some parts or functionalities of our Site may be inaccessible or not function properly. For example, disabling cookies may require you to repeatedly enter information to take advantage of services or promotions.
Opting out of online personalized advertising and do not track: We or our marketing and advertising service providers may use information about your activities on our Sites or other websites, to help tailor our advertisements or offers to what may interest you — also called interest-based advertising. The information is collected using the tracking technologies explained above. To limit interest-based advertising click here.
You may continue to see generic or non-targeted ads about our products and services if you opt-out of interest-based advertising. Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our visitors, we are currently not able to respond to “Do Not Track” signals from your browser.
California residents: For detail on your California Consumer Privacy Act rights see California Privacy Rights and Choices section below.
Accessing, reviewing and correcting your personal information: Allstate insurance product customers can request to see or access their recorded personal information at any time. To do this, please email us at email@example.com or send a letter to Allstate Insurance Company, Customer Privacy Inquiries, P.O. Box 660598, Dallas, TX 75266-0598 with your request. Proper identification may be required to fulfill the request. If you believe our information is incomplete or inaccurate, you can request that we correct it and we will make corrections if possible. Please note we may not be able to provide information relating to investigations, claims, litigation, and other matters. We will respond to all such requests within a reasonable time. We can’t change information provided to us by other companies like consumer reporting agencies. You will have to contact them directly.
You may also update, delete or modify your account profile information at any time by logging into your online account and making updates, or you may call us or contact your agent to correct the information.
Email marketing choices and other notifications: We may send you email marketing communications about products, features and services that may be of interest to you. To opt out from receiving marketing and promotional emails from us, please send us a request by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or click the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of each communication. If you opt out from receiving marketing emails, we may still send you non-marketing emails such as emails about your products or services, responses to your requests and inquiries, or notices of updates to terms and conditions or our privacy practices.
If you use My Account or the mobile app, you can also manage email and other notifications and marketing preferences via Notifications in the Profile and Settings link. You may also limit receipt of mobile app push notifications by disabling push notifications within the mobile app.
Personal information sharing preferences: We would like to share your personal information with one or more Allstate affiliates in order to make you aware of different products, services and offers they can provide. However, you can request that Allstate not share your personal information with our affiliates for marketing products and services.
To request that we not allow other Allstate affiliates use your personal information to market their products and services, please call us at 1-800-856-2518 twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Please keep in mind that it may take up to four weeks to process your request. If you previously contacted us and asked us not to allow other Allstate affiliates to use your personal information, your previous choice still applies, and you do not need to contact us again. If you would like to change your previous choice, please call the number above at any time.
California residents have certain rights under CCPA to access and delete personal information described in this section, and other rights described below. While these CCPA rights do not apply to all personal information collected by Allstate, such as personal information that is subject to certain federal or state laws, for transparency and for your convenience we have extended these rights to personal information we believe may be relevant to your request.
Verified requests: To protect you and your personal information, we will only respond to access or deletion requests that we have been able to properly verify through our authentication processes. To verify your identity, you will be asked to provide several pieces of personal information, such as name and demographic information, which we only use to verify your identity or authority to make the request.
Submitting a request: To submit an access or deletion request, please click here to submit an online request or call us at 1-800-624-4419. Responses to a verified request may take up to 45 calendar days, or longer depending on the nature of the request. If additional time is needed, we will notify you of the additional time. We may only respond to two access requests within a 12-month period. Requests from authorized agents must be submitted via the same online portal or toll-free number but to protect your privacy, consumers will be required to verify their identity directly with us via our online portal or toll-free number.
Right to access your personal Information: You have the right to request that we disclose certain information about our collection and use of your personal information over the past twelve months including:
- the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you,
- the categories of personal information collected,
- the categories of sources from which personal information was collected,
- the business purpose for collecting the personal information, and
- the categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
Right to deletion of personal Information: You have the right to request we delete personal information we collected. We will delete your personal information in response to a verifiable request unless needed to:
- Complete a transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you,
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities,
- Debug products to identify or repair errors that impair functionality,
- Exercise free speech ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law,
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us,
- Comply with a legal obligation, or
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Non-Discrimination rights: You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of your California privacy rights.
Consumer Request Metrics: The chart below lists the number of access and deletion requests Allstate received, complied with and denied from residents of California in 2021 along with the average amount of days it took to complete a request.
|2021 Data Access Requests||Quantity|
|Number of requests received||17|
|Number of requests complied with in whole or in part||7|
|Number of requests denied||9|
|Average days to complete a request||22|
|2021 Data Deletion Requests||Quantity|
|Number of requests received||66|
|Number of requests denied||66|
|Average days to complete a request||6|
|*Allstate's practice is to delete personal information after it is no longer needed for
business purposes. These business purposes are explained in our Privacy Statement.
Pursuant to Montana law, you may request a record of any disclosure of your medical information during the preceding three years. Please send requests to
Allstate Insurance Company, Customer Privacy Inquiries,
P.O. Box 660598,
Dallas, TX 75266-0598.
Pursuant to Nevada law, if you do not want to receive sales calls from Allstate you may request to be placed on our internal “do not call” list. To make this request, call 1-800-255-7828 or email us by going to Allstate.com and clicking on Explore Allstate > Contact Us. Please make sure to provide us with your name, address and all telephone numbers you wish to include on our list. For further information, you may also contact the Office of the Nevada Attorney General, Bureau of Consumer Protection at:
555 E. Washington Avenue, Suite 3900
Las Vegas, NV 89101
Phone: (702) 486-3132
Allstate’s “do not call” list is limited only to telephone solicitation calls. We may still contact you about your Allstate policy, billing issues, claims and other service matters.
We won't share your personal information with Allstate companies for marketing purposes except as allowed by Vermont law.
Links to other company’s websites may be provided on the Allstate Sites as a convenience to you. If you choose to go to these external websites, you will be subject to the privacy practices of those external websites; Allstate is not responsible for the privacy practices of those websites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Site to read the privacy policies or statements of every website you visit, as those privacy policies or statements may differ from ours. Our Privacy Statement applies solely to the Sites where this Privacy Statement appears.
Protecting your personal information is important to us. We use a combination of reasonable technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect your personal information. However, no website, mobile application, database or system is completely secure or “hacker proof.” So, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
We limit access to your personal information to those who need it to do their jobs. We comply with all applicable federal and state data security laws.
If you enroll in the Allstate Digital Footprint℠ feature through the mobile app, you provide Allstate access to your Microsoft and/or Google email accounts. We will only use the data accessed from your Microsoft and Google accounts to read, write, modify, or control email message bodies (including attachments), metadata, headers, and settings (“email data”) to:
- identify certain online accounts,
- notify you of known security breaches related to those accounts, and
- send data privacy requests, unsubscribe requests or deletion requests from your email account at your request.
We will not:
- transfer email data to others unless it is necessary to provide and improve features, comply with applicable law, or otherwise provide the services, use email data for serving advertisements, or
- allow a person to read your email data unless we have your affirmative agreement regarding specific messages, doing so is necessary for security purposes such as investigating abuse, to comply with applicable law, or for an Allstate product’s internal operations.
If you should have questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please contact us at 1-800-624-4419.
We may periodically update or revise this Privacy Statement. The effective date at the top of the document shows when this Privacy Statement was last revised. We will let you know when we update the Privacy Statement by changing the date or other appropriate means.
This Privacy Statement describes the privacy practices of Allstate Insurance Company and the Allstate affiliates whose websites and mobile apps link to this Privacy Statement including: Allstate insurance companies offering auto, home and business insurance; Allstate Life Insurance Company, Allstate Assurance Company and their life and retirement affiliates; Allstate Financial Services; and Allstate roadside services and motor club companies and Signature roadside services and motor club companies.
Eligibility information may be shared for marketing purposes among Allstate Insurance Company and the Allstate affiliates listed above as well as these other affiliated companies that have separate online privacy statements: American Heritage Life Insurance Company (Allstate Benefits), Allstate Dealer Services, Castle Key Insurance Company and Castle Key Indemnity Company, North Light Specialty Insurance Company, SquareTrade (Allstate Protection Plans), InfoArmor (Allstate Identity Protection), Avail, and Arity companies.