Life is just better with a dog or cat around. And while each stage in your pet's life comes with its joys, there may also be some challenges. The good news is that you can plan for some of the more difficult times by putting a pet health insurance plan in place. Pet health coverage is now available through your local Allstate agent.*
Much like home or auto insurance, a pet health policy can help provide peace of mind — kicking in to help cover costs when your cat or dog has an injury, faces a serious health problem and, in many cases, goes to the vet for routine wellness care.
Veterinary medicine can do amazing things for pets these days, but the costs for scans and other treatments can quickly add up. When you have pet health insurance, though, you don't have to choose between costly care and your sick pet — the nose-to-tail comprehensive protection can help you do right by your furry friend.
- Accidents, and treatments for illness and disease
- Cancer and chemotherapy services
- Surgery, hospitalization and nursing care
- Lab work and diagnostic tests, including X-rays and MRIs
- Genetic conditions^
- Alternative therapies like acupuncture, hydrotherapy and holistic and homeopathic medicine
- Chronic and recurring conditions, like allergies, diabetes and hyperthyroidism
You can also talk to your Allstate agent about an optional Wellness Rewards plan that provides coverage for routine care, such as annual check-ups, vaccinations, dental cleanings and more.
^ Genetic and breed-specific conditions are covered, provided the pet does not show signs or symptoms of them prior to enrollment.
Your pet needs to be under the age of 14 to sign on with a new health insurance policy. If your pet is older than that, or has received a diagnosis or shown symptoms of diabetes, Cushing's disease, Addison's disease or FeLV/FIV, you may find that an accident-only plan makes sense, covering:
- Doctor and nurse exams, and specialist fees
- Laboratory tests
- Emergency care and hospitalizations
- MRIs, CT scans, X-Rays and Ultrasounds
- Acupuncture services, chiropractor fees and holistic medicine
- Physical therapy, including hydrotherapy
- Laparoscopies and surgeries, including laser surgery
Reach out to your area Allstate agent for more information on why pet health insurance can be a fetching way to keep your cats and dogs looking and feeling their very best.