We may gather the following information about you:
- Your IP address. This is automatically collected by our web server. An IP address is a number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are on the internet.
- Personal information. This will be collected if you choose to apply for one of our employment opportunities using the online application form. We may gather the following personal information about you:
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Any other personal information you provide to us either by email or on the online application form, including your occupation and information about your qualifications, education, current and previous employment and work experience.
Non-personal information. Statistical and other analytical information is collected on an aggregate and non-individual specific basis of all browsers who visit this website. This statistical and analytical information provides us with general and not individually specific information about the number of people who visit this website; the number of people who return to this website; the pages that they visit; where they were before they came to this website and the page in the website at which they exited. This information helps us monitor traffic on our website so that we can manage the site's capacity and efficiency.
If references are included in your application, it is your responsibility to obtain such third party's consent prior to sharing their personal information with us.
We may use your information in some or all of the following ways:
- to respond to your request for information regarding employment opportunities at Allstate Northern Ireland Limited or for other information requests, and to process requests or submissions regarding employment opportunities.
- to process your application and to assess your suitability for the role and to keep you updated about the recruitment, selection and interview process. We will hold such personal information relating to your application for an employment opportunity for as long as permitted under the UK Data Protection Act.
- with respect of your IP address, to monitor the number of pages accessed on our Website, help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Website.
Any information that is provided by you will be treated in accordance with the terms of the UK Data Protection Act and other applicable privacy legislation.
Protecting your information is important us. We take appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information is secure, accurate, up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
To help ensure the security of your personal and financial information that you submit to this site, (other than via an email message), we use security software to encrypt the information before and during its transmission through the Internet. We only allow information to be submitted for transmission if your browser is compatible with our security software. If your browser is not compatible, you will receive a message indicating your transaction can be completed but at a lower level of security. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may send your personal information to affiliates and third parties to help us process your personal information for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a legal process or regulatory obligation.
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- where we have your prior consent to do so.
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Allstate Northern Ireland Limited, or its parent company, or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, your personal information will be one of the transferred assets.
- for any other purposes permitted by data protection law, including the UK Data Protection Act (as the same may be replaced or amended from time to time).
We will ensure that any third parties who receive your personal information are required to keep it confidential and treat it in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act and all other applicable legislation.
Cookies come in many forms and we have set out the main types below:
First and third-party cookies — whether a cookie is first-party or third-party refers to the domain placing the cookie. First-party cookies are those set by a website that is being visited by the user, the website displayed in the URL window. Third-party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the website being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and another entity sets a cookie through that website this would be a third-party cookie.
Persistent cookies — these cookies remain on a user's device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
Session cookies — these cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
Cookies can be divided into different categories. We use the following cookies:
Analytical/performance cookies These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Most browsers are set to automatically accept cookies. You should be able to configure your browser to restrict or block cookies, or you may wish to delete them, by going to your browsers settings. Your browser "help" section will normally provide details on how to manage the cookie settings. You can also delete cookies that have already been set. Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of desktop browsers.
You have a right to ask for a copy of the personal information which we hold about you (for which there will be a small charge) and to correct any inaccuracies. You also have a right to have your personal data deleted where it is inaccurate. Please contact ANIPrivacyQueries@allstate.com for further information.
Allstate Northern Ireland Limited aims to ensure that personal information held about you is accurate and up to date, that it is held securely and only for so long as is necessary for the purpose it was collected. Please contact ANIPrivacyQueries@allstate.com if anything changes in your personal details which could cause the personal information held by us to be inaccurate.
Allstate Northern Ireland Limited
9 Lanyon Place
Tel: +44 28 90 678000
Registered in Northern Ireland NI034636