First Minister Rt. Hon. Peter D Robinson MLA and Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness MLA, have announced that technology company Allstate Northern Ireland is to create up to 650 high quality jobs in Belfast, Londonderry and Strabane.
Left to Right - Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness MLA; Alastair Hamilton, Chief Executive, Invest Northern Ireland; Bro McFerran, Managing Director, Allstate Northern Ireland; DETI Minister Arlene Foster MLA and First Minister Rt. Hon. Peter D Robinson MLA at the announcement of the creation of 650 jobs at Allstate Northern Ireland.
US-owned Allstate Northern Ireland was established in Belfast in 1998 and provides high quality software development services and high end business solutions in support of its US parent's operations. The Allstate Corporation is the largest publicly held personal lines property and casualty insurer in America.
Invest Northern Ireland has offered just over "4.5 million of support towards the expansion, which will deliver "20 million annually in additional salaries through the creation of up to 650 jobs across Allstate's three sites in Northern Ireland. Almost 200 of the software development, software testing, infrastructure services and analytics posts have already been filled and the remaining 450 will be recruited by 2016.
Speaking at Allstate's offices in Belfast, First Minister, Peter Robinson said:
"This announcement of hundreds of new high quality jobs by a top Fortune 100 company sends out a clear and unequivocal message to international investors to have confidence in Northern Ireland as a competitive location from which to grow their business.
"I am delighted that Invest NI was able to secure this major expansion for Northern Ireland and that the recruitment process is already well under way."
Deputy First Minister, Martin McGuinness said:
"These jobs will benefit people in Belfast and the North West. The high quality positions and associated salaries are further proof that we have the people, skills and technology to support the business needs of major companies like Allstate.
"This is truly great news for our economy. Such investments bring quality salaries and new opportunities for local people so it remains vitally important that we continue to seek out investment projects in key markets and strengthen our relationships with new and existing investors to ensure that we maximise every opportunity to build a positive future for all."
Enterprise Minister Arlene Foster said:
"Allstate has grown to become one of our most well established investors and one of our biggest employers. Today's announcement demonstrates clearly that Northern Ireland is a good place to do business and that we have the ability to secure quality investment and high value jobs from some of the world's most successful and respected companies."
Bro McFerran, Managing Director, Allstate Northern Ireland said:
"Allstate Northern Ireland has had a strong presence here since 1998, and working closely with Invest NI, we have grown to employ over 1,900 people across our three sites. Many of those people are non-IT graduates who have received advanced training and now have new skills and regarding careers with Allstate.
"Allstate Northern Ireland remains an integral part of Allstate Insurance, and today's announcement is testament to the talented people we have here and the significant contribution that people in Northern Ireland have made to Allstate's operations."
Invest NI has offered Allstate £4,513,500 of support towards the creation of up to 650 new jobs.
- Allstate Northern Ireland (formerly known as Northbrook Technology) was founded in 1998 as a wholly owned subsidiary of the Allstate Corporation, the largest publicly owned Property & Casualty Insurance company in the US.
- Allstate Northern Ireland specialises in delivering high-quality, low-cost technology and business solutions to its parent company, The Allstate Corporation and its subsidiaries.
- Allstate Northern Ireland currently employs over 1,900 employees over 3 locations in Belfast, Londonderry and Strabane.
- The Allstate Corporation (NYSE: ALL) is the largest publicly held personal lines insurer in the US, serving approximately 16 million households through its Allstate, Encompass, Esurance and Answer Financial brand names and Allstate Financial business segment. Allstate branded insurance products (auto, home, life and retirement) and services are offered through Allstate agencies, independent agencies, and Allstate exclusive financial representatives, as well as via www.allstate.com, www.allstate.com/financial and 1-800 Allstate®, and are widely known through the slogan: You're In Good Hands With Allstate.
- For further information visit www.allstateni.com