ALLSTATE MAYHEM HALLOWEEN CONTEST
- NO PURCHASE OR QUOTES NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE, QUOTE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, Allstate Mayhem Halloween Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal U.S. residents who are over 18 years old at the time of entry. Employees and contractors of Allstate Insurance Company (“Sponsor”), and each of its respective affiliated companies, Allstate Exclusive Agents and their support staff and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees or contractors, are not eligible to enter or win. Allstate Insurance Company is also the “Administrator” of this Contest.
- How To Enter. The Contest will begin at 8p. m. (C.S.T.) on Friday, October 25, 2013 and end at 5:00 p.m. (C.S.T.) on Tuesday, November 5, 2013 (the “Contest Period”). Contestants will be accepted beginning at 8pm. (C.S.T.) Friday, October 25, 2013 and ending at 5:00 p.m. (C.S.T.) on, Tuesday,November 5, 2013.
Online Entry. To enter, contestant must take a picture of themselves in their Halloween costume dressed as Mayhem. Contestants should then post their picture of themselves dressed as Mayhem for Halloween on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag “#Mayhem4Halloween (“Hashtag”). Pictures should not be a duplicate of their own or another fan’s picture dressed as Mayhem. All entries must be the original work of the contestant. By entering, contestants agree to the terms of these Official Rules. By entering entrant acknowledges that Facebook will in no way have be a sponsor, have endorsed or administered this Contest.
Sponsor and Administrator will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, poor film quality, or illegible entries. All entries become property of Sponsor and Administrator may be used again by Sponsor and Administrator and or affiliated agencies. Contestants acknowledge and agree that Sponsor and Administrator and affiliated agencies shall have the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, publish, promote, create a sound recording of, broadcast, or otherwise display or use entries in any way it sees fit without limitation or compensation to entrants. Sponsor and Administrator reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is alleged to infringe on any third-party’s intellectual property rights, or that Sponsor and Administrator deems obscene, offensive or otherwise inappropriate for viewing by a general audience. The contestant certifies that all individuals of any age shown in the submitted images, and the parentsand/or legal guardians of any children shown in submissions, have provided written consent to the contestant for their, or their child’s, image to have been entered in this Contest and have no objection to contestant’s submission and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s display and posting of such images for purposes of this Contest. Once a picture is entered into the contest, any such posting will be deemed made at the direction of the Contestant within the meaning of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and the Communications Decency Act.
All entries must be received by 5:00pm on Tuesday, November 5, 2013.
- Winner Selection. Judging Period/Finalist Selection. Between 9AM (C.S.T.) and 5:00 p. m. (C.S.T) on Wednesday, November 5,2013, a panel of qualified judges selected by Sponsor and Administrator will evaluate and judge all eligible entries on the following criteria: 50%look-a-like and 50% creativity. The ratings scale for each criterion will range from one (1) to ten (10), with ten(10) being the best score. The one (1)entry that receives the highest scores will be selected as the Finalist (“Finalist”). In the event of a tie, tied entries will bere-judged on the same criteria listed above. Decisions of judges and Sponsor and Administrator shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor and Administrator may post the ‘Finalist’ image submission on its Facebook Page, www.facebook.com/mayhemhere after the conclusion of the judging.
- Prizes and Odds. One(1) Winner will receive the following prize: one (1) Official Mayhem suit worn by Mayhem during the shooting of “Grill”. Average Retail Value is less than $100. 00. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Notification and Acceptance. Between Thursday, November 7, 2013 andFriday, November 8, 2013, the Winner will be notified with a direct message to the Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account off of which the entry was posted with the Hashtag. Return of email prize notification as undeliverable or failure of winner to respond to the email notification within a 48-hour period may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries. After verification of the Winner’s eligibility, the identity of the winner may be announced on the Sponsor’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/mayhemhere. To claim the prize, the contestant must provide a mail address within 48 hours of notification along with a valid photo identification. The prize is nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed. The prize and individual components of the prize is subject to availability and Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Prizes are not redeemable forcash. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liabilityand publicity release, which must be returned as directed by Sponsor and Administrator. Failure to complete, sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a Winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of its interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes Winner to the publication of its name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor and Administrator.
- Participation. By participating, contestants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor and Administrator. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right in its discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsor and Administrator will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries or votes, poor quality images, or for failure to receive entries or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures ofany kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor and Administrator. In the event of adispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries,or votes submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor and Administrator in its discretion.
- Copyright. By entering the Contest, each contestant grants to Sponsor and Administrator and affiliated agencies an exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to edit or otherwise use the contestants’ submitted images, in whole or in part, for any purpose and in any manner or media (including, without limitation, the Internet) throughout the world in perpetuity, and to license others to do so, all without limitation or further compensation. Sponsor and Administrator and affiliated agencies shall have the right to broadcast the entries in perpetuity year. Each contestant further agrees that if his/her entry isselected by Sponsor and Administrator as the winning entry, he/she will sign any additional license or release that Sponsor and Administrator and may require, and will not publicly perform or display his or her submission without the express permission of Sponsor and Administrator.
- Release. Entrants, by participating, agree that Sponsor, Administrator and/or Facebook willhave no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by entrants against, any and all liability, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death, to persons, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize or participation in this Promotion,or any travel/activity associated here with, by receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Promotion Entities from and against any and all claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the eventthat any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable,these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalidor unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
- Disputes. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois or the appropriate Illinois State Court located in Cook County, Illinois U.S.A.; (2) any and allclaims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no eventattorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor and Administrator or in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
- Sponsor and Administrator. The Allstate Mayhem Halloween Contest is sponsored and administered by the Allstate Insurance Company. The decisions of Sponsor, Administrator and judges regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final andbinding in all respects. Sponsor and Administrator will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other in advertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating tothe Contest. For a list of winners (available after November 15, 2013) or a copy of these Official Rules, visit www.Allstate.com/Mayhem or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “WinnersList/Official Rules for Allstate Mayhem Halloween Contest, 2775 Sanders Rd. D1W, Northbrook, IL, 60062. If you haveany questions regarding this Contest, please contact Amanda Carson at acaas@allstate. com.