For many people, insurance can be a bit confusing, but with answers to some of your
most common questions, it can be much simpler:
Questions about paying your bill online
- Can I pay my bill online through my bank or service provider?
- Yes. Please make sure to provide your bank and/or online service provider your 13-digit account number (9-digit policy number and 4-digit effective date, without slashes, dashes or spaces).
- Can I pay my bill with an online check?
- For most insurance policy types, you can pay with your bank account through My Account. Your payment will be noted in your bank account as a one-time electronic withdrawal.
- Will I receive an online payment receipt?
- Yes. After making a payment request online, you will see a confirmation screen and receive an email confirmation of your payment.
- Can I make one payment for multiple insurance policies?
- No. Policies are billed and need to be paid separately. When you pay your bill online or over the phone you receive a distinct reference number for your records. If you have a question about your payment, you may need this number.
- Can I make multiple online payments for one insurance policy during a single billing period?
- Yes. To avoid late payments or lapses in coverage, just make sure that the "Minimum Amount Due" has been paid by the Due Date on your bill.
- What should I do if I'm having trouble paying online, and my payment is due?
- Please contact your Allstate agent or call 1-800-ALLSTATE® (1-800-255-7828) to make a payment. (Note: At this time, you cannot pay your life insurance premium online.)
- If I pay online, will my bill still be sent in the mail?
- Yes. As long as your policy has not been paid in full, and you are not enrolled in Allstate® eBill or MyCheckFree (SM), you will continue to be sent a paper statement in the mail.
- What about security while I am online within the My Account?
- We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol, a secure server and security protocol, to safeguard the information you submit such as an online payment.
If you forget to exit the site, you're automatically logged off after 30 minutes of inactivity. Help us protect your information by keeping your User ID and Password confidential, using a unique password and changing it often. You should avoid leaving your computer unattended while logged onto My Account. After you've finished any of your updates or payments, simply exit out of My Account. Should you need to conduct more updates or make payments, you can log back on - knowing that you've helped minimize the potential for security risks.
Questions about automatic payments
- What is the Allstate® Easy Pay Plan, and how do I apply?
- The Allstate® Easy Pay Plan offers a convenient way to have your insurance payment automatically withdrawn from your checking or savings account. You can select your withdrawal date between the 1st and 28th of the month. There are no additional Allstate fees for this payment method. It also has lower installment fees, and certain policies may qualify for up to a 5% insurance premium discount.
The application is available online at My Account. You can also contact your Allstate agent, call 1-800-ALLSTATE® (1-800-255-7828), or call the automated phone line at 1-800-901-1732 to apply.
- What is the Recurring Credit Card Payment Plan, and how do I apply?
- The Recurring Credit Card Pay Plan is an easy way to have your insurance premiums automatically paid using your credit card. We accept Visa®, MasterCard®, Discover® and American Express®. Then, you select your own charge date between the 1st and 28th of the month.
The application is available online at My Account. You can also contact your Allstate agent, call 1-800-ALLSTATE® (1-800-255-7828) or call the automated phone line at 1-800-901-1732 to apply.
Questions about paperless billing
- What is Allstate® eBill and how do I enroll?
- Allstate® eBill allows you to view your bills online in a PDF format, which is an electronic version of the paper bill. Most auto and property policies are eligible for Allstate® eBill. However, life insurance policies are not eligible. Also, if your mortgage company pays your property insurance, you cannot enroll in Allstate® eBill.
You can enroll in Allstate® eBill by clicking here. After you enroll in Allstate® eBill, the paper version of your insurance statement will no longer be sent to you via regular mail.
- What happens after I enroll in Allstate® eBill?
- Once your Allstate® eBill is processed, you will be sent a notification email with a link back to your online account where you can view your bill online. Please continue to pay the paper bills you are sent until the enrollment is processed and confirmed.
Please note: Customers enrolled in the Allstate Easy Pay Plan or Recurring Credit Card Pay Plan who also receive an Allstate® eBill will no longer receive a schedule of withdrawals via U.S. mail. The schedule will only be available electronically. However, we will continue to send you an email to notify you when the schedule is available online.
- What is MyCheckFreeSM?
- MyCheckFreeSM is a personal online payment service offered through a third-party service provider, CheckfreeSM. If you register through MyCheckFreeSM, it allows you to receive, view, pay and organize all your bills in one place using your bank account. Your payment will be noted in your bank account as a one-time electronic withdrawal.
Please note: If you are currently enrolled in MyCheckFreeSM, and you subsequently sign up for Allstate® eBill, you will automatically be removed from MyCheckFreeSM. You will then receive your Allstate bill through eBill.
Questions about general billing
- What are my payment methods?
- For most insurance policy types, you can make a payment:
- The Allstate® Easy Pay Plan:
Convenient, automatic withdrawals from your checking or savings account
- The Recurring Credit Card Pay Plan:
Automatically charges the credit or debit card you provide from our approved brand options.
- An online eCheck
- Credit or Debit Card - One-Time Payment:
We accept Visa®, MasterCard®, Discover® and American Express®.
Call the automated phone line at 1-800-901-1732 to pay your bill over the phone using:
- A check (Check by Phone)
- Your credit or debit card:
Visa&, MasterCard®, Discover® and American Express® are accepted.
By Mail or In Person
You can send a check or money order to us by referring to the mailing address on your policy statement or dropping it by your local Allstate agent or Allstate personal financial representative's office.
For life insurance policies, you can pay by:
- Pre-Authorized Payments:
These are usually convenient, automatic deductions from your bank account. (For more information, please read "What is the Pre-Authorized Payment option, and how can I enroll?" below.)
- Sending a check by mail to the mailing address on your statement
- How much should I pay?
- For most insurance policy types, you can pay any amount between the "Minimum Amount Due" and the "Pay In Full" amount, as indicated on your bill. For life insurance policies, you should pay the full amount due on your policy as indicated on your bill.
- How can I find out when Allstate applied my payment to my insurance policy?
- For most policy types, you can check your account status online to find out when your last payment was applied. You can also contact your Allstate agent or simply call 1-800-ALLSTATE® (1-800-255-7828). It generally takes 24 to 48 hours for an online payment to be reflected on your policy. For debit and ATM transactions, the payment amount will be immediately deducted from your account.
- How do I pay my bill using Check by Phone?
- For most policy types, you can call the automated phone line at 1-800-901-1732 to make a payment with Check by Phone - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please have your check handy when you call.
- What happens if I'm late with a payment or miss a payment?
- By missing a payment or sending your payment late, you do run a risk of a lapse in coverage, cancellation or termination of your insurance policy. You may also contact your agent immediately or call 1-800-ALLSTATE (1-800-255-7828).
- What is the Pre-Authorized Payment option, and how can I enroll?
- The Pre-Authorized Payment option is for life insurance policies only. (For other policies, please read the "What are my payment options?" section above) With the Pre-Authorized Payment plan, your life insurance policy payment will be automatically deducted from your bank account. For Allstate Life insurance policies, enroll by calling 1-800-366-1411 (in New York call 1-800-347-5433). For Lincoln Benefit Life policies, enroll by calling 1-800-525-9287 (Fixed Life) or 1-800-865-5237 (Variable Life). You can also contact your Allstate agent or Personal Financial Representative.
- Who can I contact with additional questions about billing or payment methods?
- For most policy types, please contact your Allstate agent or call 1-800-ALLSTATE® (1-800-255-7828) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
For information regarding your life insurance or annuity policy, contact your Allstate agent or Personal Financial Representative - or call one of the following numbers. For Allstate Life Insurance and Annuity policies, call 1-800-366-1411 (in New York, call 1-800-347-5433). For Lincoln Benefit Life Insurance policies, call 1-800-525-9287 (Fixed Life) or 1-800-865-5237 (Variable Life).