Welcome to the Tennessee information page! Take a look around and learn more about Tennessee's history, and view some interesting facts and pieces of trivia. You can also find tips for scenic road trips and information about TN auto insurance. If you are moving to the great state of Tennessee, you will be interested in tips to help you get started including: information about changing your driver's license, help with getting an auto insurance quote and even a handy Allstate Moving Checklist to get you organized.
The state of Tennessee encompasses 42,169 square miles and is ranked 36th in the nation's total area. It was the 16th state to enter the union on June 1, 1796. Tennessee was named after a Cherokee village called Tenasie.
- The only person in American history to be both an Admiral in the Navy and a General in the Army was Samuel Powhatan Carter who was born in Elizabethton.
- Tennessee has more than 3,800 documented caves.
- Coca-Cola was first bottle in 1899 at a plant on Patten Parkway in downtown Chattanooga after two local attorneys purchased the bottling rights to the drink for $l.00.
- Cotton made Memphis a major port on the Mississippi River. The Memphis Cotton Exchange still handles approximately one-third of the entire American cotton crop each year.
Want more state information like this? Look it up at 50states.com
Be prepared with need-to-know basics such as obtaining your driver's license, vehicle registration, and requirements for ID cards by visiting the Tennessee Department of Safety online.
Things to Consider Before Moving
The First Step When Moving
Contact your Allstate agent or call 1-800-ALLSTATE (1-800-255-7828).
Will I need to change my insurance coverage? Should I buy or rent my new place? What can I afford? Relax! We'll help you sort through your options
Moving Tools and Tips
There's a lot to keep track of when you move. Our checklists
will help you so moving will be a breeze.
Always check out the moving company's
registration number, references and complaint history at Relocation.com
. This is important, even if your move is within Tennessee.
Some suggested scenic road trips.
Preview upcoming events, historic sites and museums. Find transportation information along with state maps at the Tennessee State Tourism site.
For more information specific to Tennessee visit:
- Tennessee State Catastrophe Information
- Tennessee Auto Insurance Coverages
Click on the state listed below for information from other states.