If you're filing a homeowners claim, you might already be facing difficulties. Our job is to make it easier for you to get back to your life. Below is an example of a typical claim process. The steps your claim representative takes in handling your claim will vary depending on the type of loss.
1. Establish what happened.
- Gather the facts from everyone involved
- Determine if coverage applies and the corresponding limits
- Decide who is liable
- Investigate and resolve any discrepancies
2. Inspect and estimate damages.
- Inspect the home and identify related injuries, if applicable
- Prepare an estimate and determine if the home will be
repaired or replaced
- Discuss repair options if the home is repairable
- Determine value if the home is a total loss
3. Complete the claim process.
- Pay for home repair, or pay for reimbursement of the home, subject to your policy limits
- Finalize all necessary paperwork
If you have any questions about the process, you should contact your
Allstate Agent or an Allstate claim representative.