Allstate is on a mission to use data-driven marketing to become the world's leading insurance company-we invite YOU to help us achieve this!
The Allstate Corporation is the largest publicly held insurer in America. It owns and operates 17 companies around the United States and Canada and currently ranks number 93 on the Fortune 500 list of largest companies in the world. Allstate has received several awards in recognition of its accomplishments in the corporate environment.
Allstate's summer internships offer an exciting and challenging opportunity to advance your career. As an Allstate Predictive Modeling Intern, you'll spend over half your time in our head office in Chicago. Your work will be both diverse and meaningful, offering a chance to utilize and develop your skills in a fantastic environment. As part of a close-knit and dynamic team, you'll form good friendships and gain invaluable knowledge. Allstate wishes to extend this excellent opportunity to a number of students in 2013.
Every day, Allstate is faced with some of the most complex problems in today's US insurance market. This role offers a unique opportunity to utilize your creative and analytical skills in order to help solve these, using a broad range of modeling techniques, algorithms and technical solutions. Allstate offers a dynamic and cutting edge environment in which to create models that enable us to win against the competition.
Here are a few things which are typical in the day-to-day work of a Predictive Modeling intern:
- Hands-on training on building predictive models, both independently and in a dynamic team with 2-3 colleagues.
- Avail of both classroom & on-the-job training to arm with the knowledge required to be successful.
- Exposure to business leaders to learn deeply about the unique challenges of the insurance industry.
- Participate in internship events & competitions.
- Gather around the whiteboard to learn & debate the latest modeling techniques.
- Attend modeling talks by experts on emerging techniques
- Learn to write code in a number of different languages.
At the end of a successful and fulfilling day's work, Allstate offers its employees the opportunity to relax, socialize and develop new interests, with over 20 sports and social clubs ranging from photography to soccer. Allstate teams also enjoy regular social activities such as go-karting, and team nights out, offering the opportunity to get to know your colleagues outside of the work environment.
The goal of the Marketing Science & Analytics team is to build actionable predictive models to support the diverse marketing functions such TV advertising campaigns, Insurance Quotes Analysis and Cross Sell opportunities.
Each summer, Allstate offers a limited number of Marketing Science & Analytics internships where over half of the time is spent in Chicago. These Internships are a great way to gain a head start on your career by having meaningful work, being part of a dynamic team, working in a great environment and making good friends! We wish to extend this excellent opportunity to a number of students in 2013.
The internships will be 12 weeks long, beginning in early June. You will spend the first 5-6 weeks in the Belfast office and the remaining time in Chicago.
- While holidays are not permitted during the 12 week program, interns may opt to extend their stay in the US at their own expense and subject to US visa requirements and limits.
- Competitive salary
- While in Chicago, we offer the following
- Free accommodation
- Free flights to and from the US as well as daily transportation to and from the office
- Exposure to Chicago, a great place to live and work
- A successful internship often leads to permanent employment offers.
Download from application form using link below and return by Friday 16 November 2012 to Ashleigh O'Neill at firstname.lastname@example.org